Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 1

Every now and then I get to travel somewhere on business. So today you get to play "where in the world is Ben Diego?" So let's start...what has a view like this?

And bells like these?
That's right! You are so smart. But did you know that the only thing that keeps it standing is 3.4 million tourists annually doing this?

It's true!

Even the cathedral leans if you hold the camera just right.
This is my family's old house in Tirrenia (just outside of Pisa), 1990-1992. This is where I spent my days during those two years. (two blocks away)
And here is Marina D'Pisa, just up the coast from Tirrenia.
Thank you for humoring me on a trip down memory lane. Have a nice day.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It is not fair that you get to keep going back to all our old houses!!! Virginia, Germany and Italy... Did almost every house on our old street still have german shepherd guard dogs? I would love to go back to those places and see how accurate my memory is! Even though I am entirely jealous, I am glad that you are having a good time in your travels!!!!

davidsonlaw said...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Pretty cool honey - when are you taking me?

Amy Jones said...

Hey Ben Diego. Love the pictures. Looks like you're getting a lot of work done and not making your sick wife jealous at all! :) No really...it is awesome that you get to be there and relive some memories. We are all wishing we were there vs. here, though

Cherilyn said...

So Ben I'm really jealous. I wish I could go back to the places that I spent the first five years of my life. Like I could ever find those houses without you, or mom or dad... :D