Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Duldrums

"Mommy, I'm bored...there's nothing fun to do..."

“Already…are you serious?”

Ok, so obviously the newness of summer vacation wears off very quickly. I told a friend the other day that I had used up all the tricks in my bag after day one. Yikes! I’m in big trouble. How do we handle the boredom?

Here are a few things we’re going to do…

Nature walks
Kite flying
Backyard and Park Picnics
Zoo
Swimming lessons
Toothpick & mini marshmallow construction
Aluminum foil play
Painting outside

Wash the bikes and cars
Forts and flashlights
Backyard Camping

This ought to take care of one week, but what about the rest? Good luck to all you mothers out there and let's get together soon for something - anything - before I go crazy!!!



5 comments:

Autumn said...

Say When! Say Where! I'm There! I'm about to pull my hair out today! It's only week one! Aaahhhh!

Emily said...

I agree, I hope I can keep up. We are always game for anything. T-Ball looks like it will be fun, it will be fun to see you at the games!

Jodi Jo said...

I was thinking after I talked to you the other day that you should make a trip up to the Country Loft on Main. (DOn't bring the kids, way too much going on.) I'll watch them if you want. They have tons of stuff and ideas to do with kids. Just a little helpful hint. Summer doesn't change much for me except that the kids can go outside more. Also, my sister told me about a blog site. www.busyhappychildren.blogspot.com
It is all moms who post the fun things that they have done with their kids. Maybe that will help.

Amy Jones said...

Now that I've made it through this week (well, almost) I'm going to really need some assistance. So, let's do something. Anything. Anytime. If it involves food, all the better. :)

Amye Kay said...

Great ideas Amy! I will use some. It was WONDERFUL to see you and your sweet family. Love you!