Saturday, September 27, 2008

Coons, Catfish, & Uncle Spencer

It seems that you always forget your camera when you need it most. Amy & I took the kids fishing this morning on the Jordan River and had to make way for this little Raccoon who was determined to cross the bridge even after I had done my best to intimidate him. Fortunately I snapped this picture with my cell phone so that we have evidence of the encounter.


Angling Amy was the one to teach us how it's done this morning; she roped in a Jordan River Catfish with ease. And I got the award for whimpiest fisherman after that catfish left me bleeding. Its fin cut my hand as I removed the hook. (sorry, no picture)

*****

Last week Uncle Spencer came up to visit and he showed the kids how to cast further than their Dad. In the end he pulled in more fish than me too.


Abbie showing the proper way to keep your hands warm while fishing.



Emma keeps it cool.




I keep Dallin close so I can pass on all my fishing secrets.




Dallin's just happy to be along for the ride.




And the catch of the day: Spencer broke the tie by catching one more fish than me. Kind of like a Where's Waldo picture, see if you can find the fish.

*****

In her comment, Michelle suggested that maybe I hadn't caught any fish. Spencer & I did catch fish the day before in the High Uintas. Here's one of the beauties that I pulled in from a lake on the Notch Trail.

And here is the view of Notch Mountain from atop the cliffs on the far side of Wall lake. We saw 9 mountain goats up on Notch mountain when we hiked it that afternoon.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

ah, we should have gone with you guys, but we had to prepare for our great feast later in the day! great pics!!!

Amye Kay said...

Fishing, AW, everyone in my family loves it but me. Jared just took Taylor out 2 weeks ago and Taylor was the only one to catch anything and he caught 4. Your kids are so cute! I love Dallin peeking over in the last picture in the stroller. And his first year of life went QUICK!

Drew and Michelle said...

Spencer caught 1 more fish than you but did you catch any? :) Such cute kiddos. So excited to see you, 11 more days.

Julie said...

How fun to go fishing, my boys keep begging me to go. Dalin is the cutest ever, so are the girls. That looks like a super beautiful area.

Anonymous said...

I think I see the fish. Is Abbie holding it. Everyone looks so cute and I am sure you had a lot of fun. Ben, think neosporin.. Love you all. Mom

Craig and Carol said...

Your adventurous family has certainly made the most of the great outdoors this summer. The girls will remember these fishing experiences. . . just as you do Amy. Love you All!