Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Jack-o-Lanterns


Michelle & Jean joined us last night as we sought to satisfy some pumpkin-carving cravings.

Their Jack-o-Lantern was the happiest, Emma's was the creepiest, Abbie's developed a Raccoon infestation, and Amy's was holier than most.

Happy Halloween!

We wore out our teeth from eating too many roasted pumpkin seeds and had to find replacements mid-way through the evening.

After the kids went to bed, I had time to work on my Jack-o-Lantern. The girls had seen me draw up my pirate ship design before bedtime and it seems it must have disturbed them a little bit. Abbie snuck out of bed quite a while after we put her down to seek some reassurance from me: "There aren't any pirates in Utah, right?"




10 comments:

Drew and Michelle said...

Silly Abbie! We miss that girl! Each of those pumpkins "screams your indivual names," don't ya think? Especially that pirate ship... nice work Ben!

Craig and Carol said...

Wow, impressive handiwork! What a great FHE. We skipped the pumpkins this year but we are hosting a Halloween event for Lisa and company on Friday night. Happy Halloween to Emma, Abbie & Dallin!

Michelle said...

Thanks for having us over! Twas a great success! Oh, and Ben, you amaze me with your carving skills, great ship! We will have to practice for next year! =)

Jason and Kristin said...

Wow, nice job!

Kelly said...

Those are some very very impressive pumpkins. The girls look happy and so cute. I'll look forward to seeing their costumes after this weekend.

Kelly

Julie said...

Wow, you guys got pretty creative with your carving. I guess my lame kitchen knife can't do as well as I thought :)

Amy Jones said...

Ummm...and here I thought we were doing great with our traditional jack-o-lantern faces. You guys sure set the bar high. I'm glad we're not next-door neighbors. :) They luck fabulous!

Fiddlefish said...

WHERE did you get the designs for the pirate ship and racoon? Absolutely beautiful and amazing!

Tara

Autumn said...

Wow Amy!! Those are awesome!! You guys are so talented!!

Amye Kay said...

Those are some amazing pumpkins. We will be carving our pumpkins in NOV! We don't get trick or treaters because we are rural.