Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Just For You Mommy"


This afternoon, Abbie came in from the backyard,
with a gleam in her eye and a sugar sweet voice.
"I have a suprise just for you mommy!
It's a bouquet! Aren't they lovely?"
She presented me with plentiful bouquet of strawberry blossoms.
I have to say...they really took my breath away.
After thanking her for her love and the flowers
I told her what she had picked and how strawberries grow.
She turned on her heel and skipped away saying,
"Oh well".
My sentiments exactly.

6 comments:

Jodi Jo said...

I sometimes feel like I'm drowning when trying to get my children to understand the importance of some things (covering Cooper's mouth and nose? Not good.). There are more times than not that I throw my hands up with an "Oh well." Cute story. Thanks for sharing.

Katie Petersen said...

That is so funny Amy! Too cute. Well, enjoy the Strawberries =)

Adam and Bri said...

Oh well? I love that Abbie.

Jason and Kristin said...

Good thing you already have all that jam :)

Lewis Family said...

Eek! Gotta love kids.

Anonymous said...

You must admit you can never buy such beautiful strawberries in the store. love, Mom