Friday, May 8, 2009

Ticker

Two days ago, I put up this countdown to baby ticker on my blog. I saw it on my sister’s page and thought it was cute (I want to look like that perfectly pony-tailed pregnant girl). For two days now, every time I click on my blog, there is a number unabashedly staring at me and it feels like it never changes. Only one little number change every 24 hours—Do you know how long 24 hours is?!? Today I found myself wondering how many times I will do all the repetitive daily tasks that leave me out of breath or just bone tired before a number will fall off. And then the inevitable happened – I multiplied that daily figure by 61. Now, that‘s the REAL ticker. I’m banishing all numbers from my mind and that wafer thin little girl with the perfect baby bump better watch out. I don’t think she’s going to last 61 days on MY page.

9 comments:

Michelle Joy said...

Just for you...
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=7&day=9&year=2009&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&p0=220

Fiddlefish said...

I can't believe you are already that far!!! So, mid July? I'd be glad to come over and stay with kids, especially if he decides to come in the middle of the night. LOL You look great!

Julie said...

Ha, that was funny. I can totally relate. I literally die walking up stairs. I feel so lame stopping half way up to rest, it's pretty sad. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy we're almost there :)

Jodi Jo said...

Amy, Amy, Amy. You know that there are those of us who looked at your page and thought to themselves: "61 days? She's getting close." It doesn't seem like it to you, I know- I've been there recently. That perfect little silhouette (sp) is a bit annoying and makes me want to slap her because not only do I not look like that pregnat, I never will. Keep up the good work. I think you look fabulous!

Michelle said...

Why are you torturing yourself? Don't you know that a watched pot never boils? And hello, you don't want to be like that silhouette, what prego woman wears stilhettos?!?! come on. haha whatever you think, you are a SUPER CUTE prego lady!! and ps, that bread was amazing! Jean wants you to give me the recipe.

Teri said...

Oh my, I hear ya my friend! I have the baby ticker and think the same thing. I don't have this one cause I rarely get out of my pj's and when I do I simply don't look cute like that. Well put lady!

Adam and Bri said...

will it go by faster if we have game night TWO days a week? cause i'd do it. just for you. :)

love you like crazy.

Lewis Family said...

I looked at that ticker when picking one for my blog but it bugged me too much. Seriously? Who looks like that? Oh- and I wuld trade you places in a heartbeat! I have until September. yuck.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean that siloette is not you - I thought it was for sure. You look great and when the time gets closer you may wish for a few more days to get ready. Love you lots! Mom